- To generate, develop, extend higher education, scientific knowledge and skills to the empowerment of students who are economically and socially challenged.
- To sustain the integration of teaching and research to advance biological knowledge through classroom, laboratory, field and computational studies.
- To initiate a level of attitude in scholars of biology that will provide solutions to environmental, industrial, agricultural and health based problems.
- The department shall continually strive to sustain a culture, quality of academic excellence and empowerment of students.
- To enhance the research activities of the rural youth and offer them more career options in the field of Biochemistry.