OBC CELL has been emerged to create awareness on issues of discrimination and grievances arising out of disputes concerning OBC students. The Cell is also actively participate in various schemes announced by the State and the Centre for students.
The OBC CELL in the college was established with the purpose to empower the OBC students. The college takes special interest in facilitating financial support to students from these communities from government agencies and other sources. The cell is always engaged to solve the various problems of OBC students.
- To Ensure reservation norms in the admission of students and in the appointments of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- To Maintain satisfactory relationship among the students in the college and settle issues, grievances, representations etc.,
- To Explore redressal mechanisms and provisions for remedial coaching, counseling etc.,
- To Coordination of equal opportunity, welfare and other schemes including financial assistances from the government and UGC.
The committee comprises of seven members meets at least once a year and submits report to the Head of the Institution on OBC students against reservation norms, admitted in general category, complaints and references reported by the students, relationship environment, facilities for girl students, financial assistances received from the state and central governments etc.
Functions of the OBC CELL
- To aware the OBC students regarding various scholarships program of State Government and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India and the UGC.
- To collect reports and information of State Government and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of OBC Students.
- To circulate State Government and UGC’s decisions about different scholarship programs.
- To function as a Grievances Redress Cell for the grievances of OBC students and staff of the college and render them necessary help in solving their academic, research as well as administrative problems.
Current Members in OBC CELL
|1.||Dr. S. Bhuvaneswari||School of Information Science||CO ORDINATOR|
|2.||Prof. S. Suganya||School of Commerce||Member|
|3.||Prof.D.Balasundaram||School of BioScience||Member|
|6.||Prof. R. Jothipriya
|7.||Prof. V. Meera Bai||English||Member|
For further enquiry feel free
Send enquiry to
Dr. S. BHUVANESWARI,
DEPT OF BCA
ANNAI COLLEGE OF ARTS & SCIENCE,