Rotaract is an International program for young people ages 18- 30 who want to make a different . It was founded in 1968 by Rotary International. Rotaract clubs enable their members to grow personally and professionally, address community needs , and promote International understanding through friendship and service.
Today there are more than 7,300 Rotary club – sponsored Rotaract clubs with some 170,000 in over 150 Countries.
- Rotaract clubs units men and women from different backgrounds, cultures, religious are allowing ordinary people to do extraordinary service.
- We provide service to of, promote integrity and advance word understanding, good will and peace through our fellowship of business, professional and community leaders.
- The rotaract foundation is a not for profit organization supported solely by voluntary contributions from rotarions and friends of the foundations who share its vision of a better world.
- Rotaract clubs main objective is service in the community, in and the workplace rotaract clubs are self governing , open to people of all culture ethnicities and are not affiliated with any political or religious organizations.
- The objective of rotaract is to encourage and faster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and in particular to encourage and foster the volunteer of the club.
Dr. R. Kalaiyarasi M.A., M.Phil., B.Ed., Ph.D., S.E.T.,
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Tamil,ACAS.