ANNAI KALAI SIRAGUGAL
Title of the Practice
Annai Kalai Siragugal: It is the fine arts club which has formed to encourage the students’ fine arts participation in various events.
Objectives of the Practice
- For Promoting our culture and traditional dance like Karakattam, Mayilaattam and Kavadiaattam along with culture Musical Instruments like Thari, Thaippaittai, Nadhaswaram, Melam (Drums) etc….
- To Develop and demonstrate skills in fine arts especially in the area of Speech, Writing, dance solo, especially folk, traditional and western.
- To create a team, by perform in the various state and national level competitions, and to exhibit the student talents in the public.
The Annai Kalai Siragugal team which has started performing to exhibit the talents of students in the fine arts in dance(Solo, Group) especially in the folk and traditional dances. Through the Annai Kalai Siragugal students learn from one another and share their abilities in different aspects of Art. Annai Kalai Siragugal students participated in several cultural, literacy and academic intercollegiate competitions conducted by various state level and national level institutions and won many ‘overall winners’ prize for the institution. The Fine Arts Club thus provides a channel for exhibiting the varied talents of the students. The students overcome their stage fear and develop leadership qualities and show personality development in the state and national level competitions
Which help them develop their life as well inter personnel skills which will make them do several achievements in the life time.
The institution has developed a fine arts team with the expert masters to nourish fine arts talent of our students. The Fine Arts activity of the college is always active and vibrant with activities by participated in various state and national level competitions and won many prizes. Students interested in fine arts are identified as soon as they have got admitted in the college and they are motivated to perform well. The Annai Kalai Siragugal – The Fine Arts Club caters to those students who have an attitude for music or other fine arts. Students are encouraged to participate in inter collegiate and other competition in fine arts. Students regularly participate in inter-collegiate and university level cultural meets, besides taking part in special day celebrations and in intra-college competitions. The Annai Kalai Siragugal provided necessary infrastructure such as dedicated rooms, musical instruments such as Dolak, Miruthangam, Thabela, flute, Nadhaswaram needed resources such as wodden sticks, fancy dresses, makeup tools etc.,. The Annai Kalai Siragugal provided necessary training and practices to the students on day to day basis in the college itself, the college also provided essential academic related support and there is full time master available for the students to practice dances. Through the Annai Kalai Siragugal activities that enables the students to make the quality of self-reliance which ultimately equips them in life skills necessary for seeking high level employment opportunities.
- 5. Evidence of Success:
Details are enclosed in the below link
- 6. Problems Encountered and Resources Required
The Annai Kalai Siragugal faced many problems when participating in the various national level events. The team has the practice of travelling across the boundaries on various states and territories, though the students are coming from rural background have excellent talents but they have faced several problems related to social, cultural and economical. Though they come from socially and economically deprived environment the college has provided necessary support to the students to overcome these barriers. We provide free seats and Fee concession for our economically challenged Kalai siragugal students.
The kalai sirakugal students have faced language barriers when travelling across the states but they have also managed to overcome the barriers with their skills through the day to day practices. The students also faced some competitive barriers from the lacking of facilities; this has been overcome from the support from college that has provided necessary facilities such as infrastructure and necessary instruments. In the initial stage the students were faced resistance from their parents and guardians for travelling long distances; this has been overcome by the students from the support of faculty members.
- 7. Notes (Optional)
- Title of the practice: Thinkers’ Forum
- To create a forum which will act as a platform to nurture and develop students knowledge beyond their subject.
- Implementing regular activities on the forum to enable the students to practice knowledge search, preparation and presentation of knowledge they gain.
- To regularize the forum as a co-curricular activity.
- To establish a standard platform to develop students’ thought process, and to motivate them to prepare, present and discuss the topics.
The Thinkers’ Forum is an initiative of our students to provoke their thought process by discussing topics such as current affairs, contemporary subject related topics, research reports and articles in the classroom. It has been kindled by the staff members to nurture the students’ knowledge beyond their subject. This can be done by initiating brainstorming sessions which have been planned as the co-curricular activities.
- The practice:
As per the implementation part students will be given or motivate them to choose a subject related and contemporary topics from articles, reports, news and analysis, ask them to prepare by doing home works on it, by planning a scheduled brainstorming as the sessions ask them to discuss and present. Concerned staff members on their part will tune the students on their topic selection, preparation and presentation and also provide feedbacks at the end of the session.
- Evidence of success:
Details are enclosed in the below link
- Problems encountered:
While implementing the above mentioned practices some of the slow learners fumbled to come forward to select topics and present them. In this case faculty members support their students on their lacking area and motive them to come up from their difficulties.
- ANNAI NEW REVOLUTION.
- Title of the practice: ANR(Annai New Revolution)
- To support students who comes from economically socially deprived.
- To support the students financially to meet out their educational cost.
- To include every stake holders to contribute.
- To create an eco system to support the scheme.
Our college (Annai college of Arts and Science) is situated in the rural area as well as it is offering educational services to the economically and socially downtrodden students. However our government as well as our management trust is offering enough scholarships still there are students in need of financial assistance for the accomplishment of their studies. For the same reason our college students has initiated a scheme called ANR (Annai New Revolution) whereas the each and every students will contribute rupee one per day to assist the deserved students for paying their fees.
- The practice:
In today’s context free education is not a complete one, to accomplish the same students itself has taken the initiate to assist their fellow students for their educational expenses. For that they have formed the following committee:
As mentioned in the Fig:1 ANR scheme’s organization has been working, with the president who is the Principal of the college under his purview secretary and treasurer will be working, under the secretary there are three committees will be nominated working committee, general committee and inspection committee.
This committee comprising a president, secretary, treasurer, three volunteer professors and two volunteer students. The above mentioned secretary and treasurer will be selected from senior.
The duty of this committee is to recommend the deserved candidates after the intensive examination of mark scored, family background and economic state.
A male and female student from each class will be selected to be a part of this committee they will be selecting the deserved student based on their economic background to the working committee. As well as this committee will collect the fund from volunteer students in their class and submit the same to the treasurer.
This committee comprises of concerned head of the department or any faculty nominated by him as well as a member general committee and working committee. Their duty is to collect the recommended application and directly visiting the applicants home, examine the family and economic state of the applicant and finalizes the same.
Tenure for the president post is three years and one year for other committees.
Annai’s admission process:
ANR students will be screened in the admission itself, deserved candidates will be selected on the basis of their family and economic background will be carefully examined with the help of working committee. The working committee will recommend the students after the intensive inspection of the above mentioned state of the candidates.
- Students who are victims of natural calamities and due to the same reason they are unable to bare their educational expenses can be included by the principal.
- Students who belong to adopted villages as well as passed their +2 from govt. schools are unable to bare their educational expenses can be included by the principal.
- Evidence of success:
- Problems encountered
- Initially the scheme faced lot of practical problems to make the stake holders understand and to became a part of this scheme.
Evidence of success: ANR Report 2021-2022
Initially the scheme faced lot of practical problems to make the stake holders understand and to became a part of this scheme.
- 1. Title of the Practice
Students Associations of Department and College
- Objectives of the Practice
- To develop personality, communication skill and conceptual skills.
- Encourage students to show their innovation and creativity.
- To enhance the democratic and team approach to encourage them to work as groups.
- To nourish the entrepreneurial skills of students.
- The Context
The institution has the motto of recognizing the talents of students through the regular co-curricular activities(club activities) has formed departmental clubs to conduct departmental academic support activities to enlighten the talents of students to nourish team work, societal binding and entrepreneurial activities and to the importance of its role in the bringing up the talents by identifying them through the variety of competitive activities the departments has been formed the clubs and conducting the club activities. Club has been formed with a view to also promote further the academic, cultural, sporting, social and scientific activities of the college. The Students’ Clubs in the College has been with appropriate objectives which collaborate through various committees with the various Faculties in supervising the co- curricular and extra-curricular activities, which aim at achieving the above said objectives. It is platform for students to participate actively in the activities conducted by students ‘clubs.
- Each department of college has its own students‘clubs.
- These clubs are working on methods of ―for the students, by the students and from the students means these associations are made by students for student’s development.
- In the clubs students may works as volunteer on post such as Chairman/president, Vice President and secretary. They are selected from students by inviting applications from interested students.
- The Practice:
Students from Various departments of the institution has formed their formal clubs for getting involved in activities such as inter and intra college activities that has to help and mingle students meet new people with whom they share interests. Through the clubs students will improve their social skills as a result. club activities also help students expand their networks, which is beneficial for finding career opportunities after graduation As the development of the well-rounded individual is a principal goal of club activities on various college and university campuses, the numerous experiences these activities afford positively impact students’ emotional, intellectual, social, and inter-personal development. By working together with other individuals, students learn to negotiate, communicate, manage conflict, and lead others. Taking part in these club activities helps students to understand the importance of critical thinking skills, time management, and academic and intellectual competence. Involvement in activities helps students mature socially by providing a setting for student interaction, relationship formation, and discussion. Club activities in the classroom with diverse groups of individuals allows for students to gain more self-confidence, autonomy, and appreciation for others’ differences and similarities.
Students also develop skills specific to their career path and imperative for future job success. Students have opportunities to improve their leadership and interpersonal skills while also increasing their self-confidence.
Club activities involvement allows students to link academic knowledge with practical experience, thereby leading to a better understanding of their own abilities, talents, and career goals. Future employers seek individuals with these increased skill levels, making these involved students more viable in the job market. Specifically, participation in these club activities and leadership roles in these activities are positively linked to attainment of one’s first job and to managerial potential. Many researches indicates that club activities involvement has a positive impact on attaining a bachelor’s degree and on educational aspirations. Students who are actively engaged are more likely to have higher educational ambitions than uninvolved students.
- Evidence of Success:
The following are the different clubs of our departments
- B.B.A -FEBA Club
- B.A (English) -Koinonia Club`/ “QUEST”
- B.Litt (Tamil) -Velvi Club/“Valarpirai Mutrum”
- B.A (Defence & Strategic Studies) – Squadron Five
- B.Sc (Chemistry) – Marie Curie Club
- B.Sc (Mathematics) -Diamond Club
- B.Sc (Physics) -Quantum Club
- B.Sc (HM) -Energy Club
- B.Sc (Vis.Com) -V Club
- School of Bioscience -Bio Pearl Club
- School of Commerce -Youth Accounting Association(YAA)
- School of Information Science – Spark Point Association
- MBA -Matrix/Gestion management meet
- MCA -Digits.
Problems Encountered and Resources Required:
- As the students of the college are predominantly from rural background they are hesitating to take part in activities and work as team. They produce less cohesiveness because of lack of confidence and daring.
- Most of the students are coming from govt. schools and lack of these club activity practices because of the lacking awareness they feel less confidence to participate in activities.
- All the students have start up problems once it has been kick started most of the students show better results.
- Notes (Optional)